Losing weight can seem like a losing proposition for many folks. In visiting with clients, I have found that most have attempted a number of different diets, and although some of these diets were successful in the short term, most had a tendency to fail over the longer term. So what is happening?
First off, we forget that for most, the weight was gained over a period of time, certainly months, and for some, it was years. During that period of time we created a variety of habits that have in many cases kept us tethered unknowingly to a lifestyle we do not even understand anymore. We don’t understand the nuances of how we got there or how to begin to unravel these habits to create a healthier lifestyle and a different mindset.
Secondly, losing weight is not a one size fits all program. There can be a number of other factors specific to an individual that have contributed to their weight gain. Other factors that can drive us to gain weight could be: emotional, relocating, losing a job, losing family members or a significant pet, aging, some prescription drugs, divorce, and more.
Thirdly, the food sources that are currently available to the masses, by and large, ensure that you will gain weight and keep it on. Our foods are filled with ultra-refined ingredients like corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, artificial sweeteners, salt, wheat, soy, a myriad of chemicals and food colorings, and more. So re-learning how to eat healthier is paramount to losing the weight and keeping it off. This is just a small sampling of what is happening around the foods we ingest in today’s world.
How can Hynotherapy and NLP help with Weight Loss?
1. The first thing we do together, is through using NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programming, we start to analyze the language patterns you are using. This tells us a story about what you believe around the subject of weight loss, food, and your consumption lifestyle overall. Here, our goal is to identify beliefs, along with key words and phrases that keep you in the weight gain loop. How we talk to ourselves internally becomes our reality outwardly.
2. Using Hypnotherapy as a vehicle, we utilize the information gained through NLP about your beliefs, key words and phrases, we reframe them in your words, and we use this information to help us construct personalized Hypnosis sessions.
3. Using both NLP and Hypnotherapy, we can address specifically an individual’s need around weight loss. Our goal is to help break old patterns of habit and create new ones that better serve you. This can include, however is not limited to focusing on such things as, food cravings, food choices, portions, self esteem and self confidence to get the job done, making changes, motivation, setting positive intentions, counting carbs/calories, exercise, body image, and yes, even relapses.
We use Hypnosis along with a number of tools through NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programming.
Creating Habits for Weight Loss Success
Weight gain is a lifestyle, and in order to lose weight, we have to create new habits, which in turn will begin leading us toward a different and healthier lifestyle. In a 2009 study published in the European Journal of Social Psychology*, forming a new habit takes 18 to 254 days. This study averages those numbers out to be about 66 days for a person to form a new habit pattern. That being said, every person is different, as well as every pattern, and the amount of time it takes to form new habits.
In studies performed over the years where clients used Hypnosis along with other weight loss tools, these studies showed that those who used Hypnotic techniques versus those that did not, were depending upon the tool set, 60 to 94%, more effective at losing weight and then keeping it off.
Hypnosis and NLP can help us identify what is needed in order to create a plan to address an individuals needs. It is a short-term as well as a long-term goal. Creating a solid foundation and healthy lifestyle with food is paramount to living a healthy life. And in order to do that we have to learn what new habits we need to create and how to have them materialize. The use of Hypnosis and NLP-Neuro Linguistic Programming helps us speed up the process and does a firm job of cementing new habits into our lives.
Ready To Get Started With a Successful Weight Loss Journey?
Book an appointment today and find out how you can start your own successful weight loss journey! Appointments are conducted online or at the beautiful, state-of-the-art Wellcome OM Integral Health & Education Center in Spring Hill, FL.
Sources:*European Journal of Social PsychologyEur. J. Soc. Psychol. 40, 998–1009 (2010) Published online 16 July 2009 in Wiley Online Library (wileyonlinelibrary.com)DOI: 10.1002/ejsp.674
- 3 Ways Hypnotherapy & NLP Can Help You Lose Weight - October 11, 2021
- How To Stay On Track With Your New Year’s Resolutions: 3 Keys to Success - March 22, 2021