About Our Garden
The garden is a living, breathing entity that uses dedicated hearts and helping hands to grow and flourish. The Garden offers raised garden bed membership opportunities.
Individual gardeners get a chance to grow some of their own vegetables, herbs, fruits and flowers. Gardeners gain a sense of community through weekly educational workshops and events.
Children get an opportunity to see where their food comes from, learn how things grow, how to care for plants and gain a sense of achievement in growing their own food.
The garden operates on the organic method of gardening. The use of inorganic pesticides, synthetic fertilizers, inorganic rodenticides, or inorganic herbicide is not permitted. Only biological pesticides, beneficial insects, and organic cultural practices are allowed for the control of garden pests.
Community gardens beautify the neighborhood and provide a safe, recreational green space in which to relax and enjoy being outdoors. Children get to see where their food comes from, how to care for plants, and gain a sense of achievement in growing their own food.
An OM Community Garden Membership comes with many perks.
- Raised 5×5 Garden Bed
- Soil and Soil Nutrients/Compost
- Shared Hand Tools
- Garden Accessories
- Resources for Non-GMO Seed Purchasing
- Advanced notice on limited seating events and special workshops
- Opportunity for shared crops from Communal Garden Beds
- Garden Education Workshops
- Garden Member Gatherings, Festivals & Celebrations
- Shaded Picnic Areas (Tables and Seating)
- Air-Conditioned Restrooms
- Drinking Water Fountains
- Produce Wash Station
- Nature Walk Paths
- Retail Shop on Site
- ADA Accessible Areas
- Designated Children’s Play Area
- Conveniently located off US 19 right behind Target and Publix Plaza
Public Workshops & Classes
Meet Our Garden Staff
Garden Member Coordinator
Master of Construction
4242 Lake in the Woods Drive, Spring Hill FL 34607
Come For A Tour
We are open to the public for tours Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
For private tours, groups, and field trips, please contact us to make arrangements.